At Ripley Court, our passion for music is reflected in our varying ensembles and performances across the academic year. Music plays a prominent role in the daily life of our School. Lessons are taught by our Head of Music in our purpose-built Music Room.
We have a well-equipped department with various of instruments available for classwork, including Ukuleles, a Samba Kit, Djembe Drums. An iMac suite equipped with GarageBand and midi keyboards allow our children to explore digital music-making.
We have a wide variety of performance opportunities for our children, including:
- Weekly assembly performances
- Teatime Concerts – a comfortable performance opportunity for soloists of all levels
- Christmas Carol Services
- Summer Concert
- (Annual) House Music Competition
- Local music festivals and fundraising events (and performances in the local community)
Beyond the classroom, our children are supported by a dedicated team of 10 peripatetic instrumental tutors who offer a variety of instrumental lessons every week. All pupils have the option of learning a musical instrument in school with one of these inspiring tutors. Instrumental lessons are organised by weekly rotation to minimise any disruption to their academic lessons.
- Practical, hands-on music-making
- Foundational development of Music theory
- Listening skills
- Creative group projects